This is an X8R LBT FIRMWARE telemetry receiver it is only compatible with Frsky Transmitters and modules that have LBT FIRMWARE installed.
If your Transmitter or module has Pre-2016 LBT FIRMWARE then you must upgrade your Transmitter or module to the new LBT FIRMWARE. The new LBT FIRMWARE features D16 and LR12 options and is the latest firmware from FRSKY.
It is telemetry enabled and features 16 channels with 8 normal PWM outputs and all 16 channels on the dedicated SBus output, plus the new Smart Port.
The two-way telemetry system developed by FrSKY provides not only the normal RC control but also a true telemetry system to return measurements from the model to the transmitter. This new capability allows for data such as altitude, GPS location, battery levels, speed, etc. to be transmitted to a telemetry enabled transmitter where it can be represented on an LCD screen in real time to the operator. Never again will you have to wonder whether or not you have enough voltage to keep flying. Being able to monitor voltage will also help you detect a worn out battery pack before it prematurely ends your flight.
The X8R is smaller than previous FrSKY 8-channel recievers, but provides 16 channels as well as the new Smart Port, that supports the new range of hubless digital sensors, into one small box! It is possible to connect the new variometer sensor direct to this receiver, and still connect a sensor hub to use existing analogue sensors.
You can use the SBus line to access all 16 channels. Using the FrSky SBus decoder, you can convert the digital SBus signal to normal servo outputs. FrSky plan to release several servo options very soon enabling you to connect SBus servos directly to the SBus line. Or you can combine 2 X8Rs and output channels 1-8 on the first reciever, and output 9-16 on the second reciever.
The new antennas on the X8R which FrSKY refers to as PCB antennas report up to a 20% range increase over the standard antennas.
* FrSKY’s Advanced Continuous Channel Shifting Technology (ACCST) system giving a highly reliable link, especially in high interference environments
* 8 channels, or 16 channels using the dedicated SBus output
* Smart Port enabled - this feature is a signal wire, full-duplex, digital transmission interface developed by FrSKY Electronic Co Ltd. All products enabled with Smart Port including: the XJT module, the X8R receiver, new hub-less sensors, new Smart Dashboard, etc). Serial port user data and other user input/output devices can be connected without limitations for numbers or sequences at a high transmission speed.
* Easy to bind and has instant link-up between transmitter and receiver
* Excellent reboot times
* All channels offer failsafe
* Quick response
* Very smooth servo movement
* New PCB Antenna offer 20% range increase over the standard antennas.
* Failsafe on all channels
* Firmware upgradeable
* Model: X8R (2016 LBT FIRMWARE)
* Pin configuration: end
* Number of channels: 8 (16 if using SBus)
* Modulation: ACCST (Advanced Continuous Channel Shifting Technology)
* Band: 2.4GHz
* Resolution: 11bit (3072)
* Input voltage: 4V-10V
* Operating current: 100mA @5V
* RSSI output: analogue voltage output (0~3.3V)
* Servo frame rate: 18ms for FS Normal Speed Mode, 9ms for HS High Speed Mode
* Antenna length: 145mm (x 2)
* Operating Range: >1.5km
* Dimensions: 46.5 x 27 x 14.4mm
* Weight: 16.8g
Please note that we (BRC Hobbies) are unable to provide support to users who modify or carry out a firmware update on any FrSKY transmitter or receiver supplied by us. We are unable to uphold any claim under warranty should a fault arise due to a user installed firmware upgrade or hardware modification.
Firmware updates are done at your own risk. Before updating you should make yourself fully aware of the potential consequences and in particular the known compatibility issues that can arise by failure to select the correct firmware version.
Please do your research carefully and make use of the advice and/or bulletins provided by FrSKY before completing any modification.
IMPORTANT - Taranis owners please note: do not confuse the XJT firmware with the OpenTX firmware. It is NOT the same thing! The OpenTX firmware is the "software" that controls the transmitter functions and user interface - the stuff you see on the transmitter screen. The XJT module is the device used to send and receive radio signals between the transmitter and receiver.
Want some really useful information on FrSKY products? - click here