This is th Viking Model 12 from Eflite.
The Scandinavian Airshow is a professional team with over 30 years of air show experience. In 2013, they presented one of the most powerful aerobatic biplanes ever conceived—the Viking Model 12. It’s a flawless creation designed by Kevin Kimball and built by Jim Kimball Enterprises, with a vibrant trim scheme by stylist Mirco Pecorari of Aircraft Studio Design. With Jacob Holländer at the controls, the Viking Model 12 aircraft has impressed crowds all over the world.
E-flite Viking Model 12 280 model is an aggressive 3D recreation of the sensational full-scale aerobatic biplane. Up front is a brushless 280-size outrunner motor that’s incredibly powerful on a 3S Li-Po battery. Lightweight molded foam construction helps deliver the best power-to-weight ratio and stunning finish of the Viking trim scheme. But it’s the specially tuned Spektrum AR6335 6-channel receiver with AS3X technology that delivers a 3D park flyer without equal. That’s because the AS3X system has been specially tuned for this biplane to fight the effects of wind and turbulence so all you experience is a locked-in control feel comparable to flying an expertly tuned aerobat that’s much larger.
Whether you’re an experienced park pilot looking for a great 3D biplane or a 3D expert who wants a super-convenient aerobatic thrill machine, the E-flite Viking Model 12 280 is ideal. All you need to start flying today is your favorite full range 4+ channel programmable aircraft transmitter with Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX technology and a charged 450mAh 3S 30C 11.1V Li-Po battery.
The advanced AS3X (Artificial Stabilization – 3-aXis) system built into the Spektrum 6-channel AR6335 nanolite receiver is what helps give the E-flite Viking Model 12 280 an incredibly solid look and feel in the air. It’s technology that works behind the scenes to help counter the effects of wind and turbulence by combining 3-axis sensing with exclusively tuned flight control software. As a result, your workload to fly smoothly is significantly reduced so that your air show passes can be laser-straight and 3D manoeuvres can be performed with greater accuracy. It’s an aerobatic flight experience you get in the convenience of park spaces, but will have you feeling like you’re at the controls of an expertly tuned biplane that’s much larger.
* Spektrum AR6335 DSMX 6-channel nanolite receiver (installed)
* AS3X technology delivers rock-solid handling
* Licensed replica of the Scandinavian Airshow Model 12
* Easy to complete final assembly
* Powerful 280-size brushless motor (installed)
* 10-amp, 11.1V brushless ESC (installed)
* (4) 3.5-gram digital super sub-micro servos (installed)
* 3D-size, double-beveled control surfaces (installed)
* Robust wire landing gear and steerable tail wheel
* Plane Type: Aerobatic & 3D
* Experience Level: Intermediate
* Construction: Moulded foam
* Power Plant Size: 280 Electric
* Recommended Environment: Indoor/Outdoor
* Wingspan: 565mm (22.2 in)
* Length: 620mm (24.4 in)
* Wing Area:12.7 sq dm (197 sq in)
* Flying Weight: 250 g (8.80 oz)
* Motor Size: 280-size, 1800Kv brushless outrunner (installed)
* Servos: (4) 3.5 g digital servos (installed)
* Prop Size: 6.8 x 3.5, 2-blade propeller
* Spinner Size: 35mm (1.37 in)
* Speed Control: 10-amp, 11.1V brushless (installed)
* Recommended Flight Battery: 450mAh 3S 11.1V 30C Li-Po with JST connector
Whats in The box
* Eflite Viking Bind and Fly Model
Required to Complete
* Transmitter: Spektrum 4 Channel+ DSMX transmitter
* Flight Battery: 450mah 3S 30c LiPo